Ibizan Goats, July 2012, Ibiza
Selected notes from the event:
- “That’s a pretty big fire”, “Where did you say your house was?” “there…” (pointing)
- I enjoyed holding the kid goats in my arms and talking to them gently, whilst painting them.
- The gaps between the bars of the pen were bigger than the goats.
- A bright pink goat running up the road with a farmer chasing it.
- The farmer hosed my hands and feet off as I was multicoloured.
- The dog came along getting involved so I painted him pink.
- Some girls covered in body glitter jumped in and posed with the goats.
- One of the organisers Giacomo made / played a techno mix of bleating goats, across the harbour.
- I made a fluoro stone circle, which moved between the clifftop and the gallery.
- A VJ working nearby - Chihiro - and I painted the leaves of the nearby plants.
- Some of the goats ran into the gallery, presumably seeking ultraviolet light.
- The goats ate the posters.
- It was silly, but there was a seriousness in the comment on human nature. This tendency to glitter and paint ourselves, then dance in foam parties sealed off from the surrounding natural landscape.
- The multifaceted relationship of humankind with each other, animals, and the land.
Process of Ibizan Goats and Stone Circle
Stone circle, fluoro body paint on stones collected from the site, Ibiza, 2012
Many thanks Chihiro, Giacomo and everyone at Bloop 2012 (.bloop-festival.com)